Fpga 80186 801086 Architechture 80186 Microprocessor Architechture
80186XL Processor IP Core from iWave Systems Fpga 80186 801086 Architechture 80186 Microprocessor Architechture
The 80186XL is a powerful 16-bit microprocessor core, executes instruction list compatible with 80186XL microprocessor. The 80186XL core has a broad set of integrated peripherals, which helps reduce system development time and cost and is compatible with wide range of compilers and debuggers. The design along with multiple peripherals can be fit into single FPGA. It facilitates quick migration of 80186XL based designs to an FPGA platform and can be considered as an ideal replacement for 80186XL processor and ASICs.
- Compatible with Intel 80186XL instruction set
- High FPGA integration enables lower BOM cost and smaller board design
- Supports retarget and merge external peripherals and traditional custom old ASICs
- Enhancements of system performance with increased operating frequency and integration
- Programmable Timer / Counter Unit
- Three programmable independent 16-bit timers
- Internal / external input clock selectable
- Direct Memory Access Unit
- Two independent high-speed DMA channels.
- Data can be transferred between any combination of memory & IO space.
- DMA transfer can be initiated by external,internal request or by direct programming.
- Both byte & word transfer is possible in case of 80186XL
- Interrupt Control Unit
- Four external interrupt request inputs (INT0 to INT3).
- Timer0, Timer1, Timer2 and DMA0, DMA1 Interrupts (Internal Interrupts)
- Edge or level triggered interrupt request inputs
- Cascade with external 8259A interrupts (only on INT0 and INT1) operates in either Master mode or Slave mode.
· Special fully nested mode support
· Chip Select Unit
§ Thirteen programmable chip-select outputs
§ Six of the chip-selects map only into memory address space, while the remaining seven can map into either memory or I/O address space
§ Memory or I/O bus cycle decoder
§ Programmable wait-state generator
· Clock Generator
- Typical processor applications such as industrial, Automotive, Medical etc.
- Legacy platforms with obsolete components can be converted to new FPGA board
iWave Systems Technologies, A Product Engineering Services company, founded in 1999 uniquely focuses on Embedded Hardware, FPGA & Software.
Having developed its expertise, iWave Team is well experienced to deliver the reliable product solutions at the shortest possible development time.
iWave has a unique culture in terms of helping & winning the confidence of its esteemed customers spread across the globe by being a reliable design partner in developing innovative products
Rate this Press Release
- Currently 0/5 Stars.
0 / 5 stars - 0 vote(s)
fpga, 80186, 801086 architechture, 80186 microprocessor architechture pdf, 80186 microprocessor pdf, 80186 ppt, 80186 pdf, 80186 datasheet, 80186 instruction set, 80186 memory