Atul Malikram has 2305 News online.
Toyota Releases Toyota University Cricket Championship Anthem- "Ab Hamari Baari Hai"
· Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy and Prasoon Joshi team up to create the grand TUCC anthem
· The anthem is an adaptation of Queen's iconic " We Will Rock you" with an Indian twist
· Wasim Akram joins TUCC as the ambassador
· TUCC series of matches to start on 23rd February 2013 on Star Cricket and Star Cricket HD
· Coca-Cola Coaching camp for University Teams as part of TUCC underway with Mumbai and Delhi next
· TUCC to help discover India's next cricketing heroes
· 8 top university teams geared up for the Toyota University Cricket Championship
Mumbai: Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd. today announced the release of the anthem of Toyota University Cricket Championship (TUCC). The official song of TUCC, "Ab Hamari Baari Hai" is worded by the famous lyricist and song writer, Prasoon Joshi to an adaption by the musical trio of Shankar Ehsaan-Loy (Shankar Mahadevan, Ehsaan Noorani and Loy Mendonsa). The TUCC anthem has been sung by Shankar Mahadevan.
"Ab Hamari Baari Hai" is a passionate expression that creatively captures the sense of discovering a platform where aspiring young cricketing talent get to prove their mettle and stand tall in front of the nation. It literally means, "It's our turn next". Blending the sounds of sport and music, the TUCC anthem encapsulates the very essence of encouraging university level cricket for the aspiring youth.
Present on the occasion of the launch were many important guests and dignitaries including the musical trio of Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy, famous lyricist and song writer, Prasoon Joshi, former cricketer, Journalist, Harsha Bhogle, along with Mr. Sandeep Singh, DMD and COO, Marketing & Commercial, Toyota Kirloskar Motor and Dr. Prannoy Roy, Founder and Executive Co-Chairperson of NDTV.
The teams that are going to play TUCC were introduced. These are:
- North Zone: Northern STARS: JAMIA MILIA ISLAMIA (Delhi) and Nothern Stallions: ALIGARH MUSLIM UNIVERSITY (UP)
- East Zone: Eastern Tigers AWADHESH PRATAP SINGH UNIVERSITY, REWA (MP) and Eastern Eagles: VEER BAHADUR SINGH PURVANCHAL UNIVERSITY, JAUNPUR (UP)
- West Zone: Western Wolves: UNIVERSITY OF MUMBAI (Maharashtra) and Western Wizards: JIWAJI UNIVERSITY, GWALIOR (MP)
- South Zone: Southern Sharks: UNIVERSITY OF MADRAS (Tamil Nadu) and Southern Champs: JAIN UNIVERSITY, BANGALORE (Karnataka)
The 8 teams emerged out of league matches played among 120 universities across the country