Imperial Visa has 1 News online.
UK Ancestry Visa
UK ancestry visa permits Commonwealth citizens to migrate to the UK to live and work on the basis of their ancestral ties to the UK. To qualify for this visa, candidates must have one or more grandparent born in the UK, Channel Islands, or the Isle of Man. Applicants with a grandparent born in the Republic of Ireland before March 1922 is also eligible. The qualifying grandparent can be alive or deceased. This is also if the applicant or either parent was adopted by a UK citizen and they can provide valid proof of their adoption.
Commonwealth citizens, in order to successfully obtain the UK ancestry visa, need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
· Applicants must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country irrespective of how the citizenship was acquired.
· Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
· Applicants must have a grandparent born in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or a grandparent born in the Republic of Ireland on or before 31st March 1922.
· Applicants must have the intention of undertaking employment whilst in the UK.
· Applicants must be able to support themselves and any dependents without recourse to public funds whilst in the UK.
· Applicants must have adequate accommodation whilst in the UK.
· The Ancestry visa is valid for a period of 5 years after which the visa holder can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK and even UK citizenship. To apply for Indefinite Leave to
· Should continue to meet all the essential requirements of the UK Ancestry visa.
· Prove they have continually spent the 5 year period in the UK and had regular employment during this time. They must not have spent more than 90 days outside the UK during the 5 years.
UK Ancestry Visas, UK Ancestry Visa
Cygnet House 12-14 Sydenham Road,
Croydon, CR0 2EE